List: interjection (kandoushi)
Spoken or written expressions of emotion.
popular JLPT N3 pronoun colloquial usually written using kana alone noun noun (generic) adverb interjection
- you-know-what, that thing
- whatsit, whachamacallit, what's-his-name, what's-her-name
- penis, (one's) thing, dick
- (not) at all, (not) in the slightest
- what?, huh?
- hey!, come on!
- oh, no (it's fine), why (it's nothing), oh (certainly not)
popular JLPT N3 pronoun adverb interjection
- something, some, any
- somehow, for some reason
- (so) what (are you trying to say)?, what (do you mean)?
popular obsolete reading JLPT N2 noun noun (generic) noun taking the genitive case particle の adjective (generic) abbreviation interjection
- east and west
- Orient and Occident, East and West
- ladies and gentlemen!, your attention, please!, roll-up, roll-up
popular JLPT N1 noun noun (generic) interjection
- one breath
- chug!, drink!
popular JLPT N3 noun noun (generic) Internet slang interjection
- sweat, perspiration
- moisture, condensation
- gulp, oops
popular な adjective adjective (generic) noun taking the genitive case particle の noun noun (generic) colloquial interjection adverb
- horrible, horrid, awful, terrible
- in the worst case, if worst comes to worst
popular JLPT N4 な adjective adjective (generic) noun noun (generic) noun or participle taking the aux. verb する intransitive verb colloquial interjection mathematics noun taking the genitive case particle の
- unreasonable, unnatural, unjustifiable
- forcible, forced, compulsory
- excessive (work, etc.), immoderate
- to work too hard, to try too hard
- no way, not a chance, never, dream on
popular usually written using kana alone interjection
- do your best, go for it, hang in there, keep at it
popular JLPT N5 な adjective adjective (generic) adverb colloquial interjection archaic noun noun (generic)
- safe, secure, sound, problem-free, without fear, all right, alright, OK, okay
- certainly, surely, undoubtedly
- no thanks, I'm good, that's alright
- great man, fine figure of a man
popular expression interjection
- hurriedly, in haste, in a rush, quickly
- hurry up!, quickly!, get going!