Words specific of the Kantō dialect, spoken in the Kantō region (apart from the Izu Islands), where there are cities like Tokyo.
Back to Lists
Showing 1 - 10 of 30
- frightening, scary
- extreme, exaggerated, huge
落っこちる おっこちる okkochiru
- drop dead, you bastard!, fuck you!
- drop dead!, go to hell!, fuck you!, shove it!
稚鰤 わらさ warasa
- middle-sized Japanese amberjack (species of yellowtail, Seriola quinqueradiata)
板前 いたまえ itamae
- chef (esp. of high-end Japanese cuisine), cook
- area of a kitchen that contains the chopping board
東夷 あずまえびす azumaebisu
- warrior from the eastern parts of Japan
- eastern barbarians, people east of China (from the perspective of China)
名主 なぬし nanushi
- to envy, to be envious (of), to be jealous (of)